Call for Papers
The Causal Data Science Meeting 2022 aims to foster an interdisciplinary dialogue between data scientists from industry and academia on causality in machine learning and AI
Causality has long been an important topic in various disciplines such as computer science, economics, social sciences, epidemiology, and philosophy. In recent years, interest grew also in the business sector with both experimental (A/B testing, reinforcement learning, etc.) and observational causal inference methods (regression methods, instrumental variables, discontinuity designs, causal discovery, etc.) being increasingly applied by practitioners (see various examples on our blog). After the overwhelming success of last year, with more than 1,200 registered participants, we are proud to announce the Causal Data Science Meeting 2022. This two-day virtual conference will bring together academics and data scientists from industry to discuss the latest methodological advances as well as practical aspects and organizational challenges around the adoption of causal ML tools.
The workshop features invited talks and presentations of accepted proposals. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Causal machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Data-augmented business decision-making
- Applications of causal inference, e.g., in management, entrepreneurship, innovation, marketing, economics, and finance
- Organizational challenges & best practice examples with respect to the adoption of causal inference in industry
- Experimentation & A/B testing
- Applications of Directed Acyclic Graphs and Causal Discovery
- Causal inference methods in econometrics & statistics
- (Open Source) Software for causal inference
- Talks on challenges of practitioners in applying causal inference
- Judea Pearl, Professor of Computer Science and Director of the Cognitive Systems Lab, UCLA
- Silvia Chiappa, Senior Staff Research Scientist at DeepMind and Honorary Professor, UCL
November 7–8, 2022 (13:00–20:00 Central European Time). The workshop will be online, jointly organized by Maastricht University and Copenhagen Business School.
October 2, 2022
October 9, 2022
Please submit your extended abstract or full paper to firstname.lastname@example.org. Dual submissions are permitted, i.e. your work is allowed to be previously presented or published at other venues.
We do not publish conference proceedings. Our focus is on disseminating ideas between academia and industry. Therefore, we deliberately designed CDSM to be a rather informal meeting, enabling everyone to present their most recent and potentially previously presented work. We encourage uploading presentation slides to the website after the conference, but it is not mandatory.
If you want to register as a participant, without presenting, please click here. If your company likes to sponsor this event, please contact us at email@example.com. Participation is for free.